One of the biggest challenges in B2B marketing is creating content that engages your target audience.
Not only must your content attract leads, but it also must engage those leads throughout your entire sales cycle. Plus, as more B2B companies dive into content marketing, you’ll have more competition for the same audience.
So, how do you know if your content will appeal to your target audience?
Here are 11 signs that your B2B content is boring:
1. Your website’s design hasn’t been updated since The Drew Carey Show went off the air.
2. Your content contains the business jargon that “Weird Al” Yankovic makes fun of in “Mission Statement”.
3. You use stock photography clichés.
4. You dress up sales pitches as useful content.
5. You cram too much information on your slides when you give presentations.
Photo source: The Impostors
6. You ignore the topics that interest your customers.
7. All your content reads like technical manuals.
8. Your content lacks personality.
9. Your subscribers mark your emails as spam even though they opted in twice.
10. Your audience doesn’t respond to your content.
11. Your blog and website are ghost towns.
“B2B” doesn’t need to stand for “boring-to-boring”. Remember that you’re speaking to real people with real problems – not “users”. The more you humanize your content, the more engaging it will be.
3 Ways To Leverage This For Your Business:
1. Read the post How Not to Get Your B2B Content Blocked by Your Ideal Customers to make your content relevant and engaging.
2. Download Content Marketing Quick Fixes. This will help you improve your content which will encourage people to engage and share.
3. Click to share this article on Linkedin. Sharing quality content increases your visibility and credibility with your existing contacts, creating conversations and potentially new business.